Alex@SafetyNook.net

T 510.575.1399

Copyright © 2020 SafetyNook - The Childproofers. All Rights Reserved.

Search
  • savvycontent2

Safeguard Against Poisoning


When it comes to poisoning prevention, it's important to keep children safe from various types of poisons. For this reason, save the Poison Control number

(800) 222-1222 on your phone. Ensure that the number is also available to everyone, including caregivers and family members.


Children are inherently curious and they often learn about the environment around them by touching and experimenting with contrasting types of things. You should encourage them to explore and discover new things. However, keep them safe when dealing with a wide variety of harmful substances that are found around the house.


Keep medications, household chemicals, and other harmful products stored safely. Never use empty drinks or food containers to store harmful chemicals since children might think that the substance is a food or drink. Keep your diaper bags and work or travel bags out of the reach of children.


To ensure poisoning prevention, examine product and medicine labels to ensure that you understand the risks associated with specific products. Avoid calling medicine "sweet" and never let them play with it. Avoid taking any type of medication while the kids are watching. Children enjoy imitating the actions of adults. It's advisable to dispose of expired medications in a safe manner to avoid poisoning.


Although some household items may seem harmless, they can cause havoc if they are used incorrectly or ingested in large quantities.


Some of the products that must be locked or out of reach include:


- Medicines (prescription, vitamins, OTC)

- Domestic cleaning solutions

- Laundry detergents

- Health and beauty products (mouthwash, hand sanitizer, perfume, cologne)

- Vehicle chemicals (including antifreeze and windshield washer fluid)

- Pesticides

- Nicotine


Ensure that toiletries and cosmetics are always out of reach of babies and toddlers. Items such as hairspray, nail polish remover, perfume, and hair dye can induce severe adverse reactions.


Also, familiarize yourself with the names of different plants in your backyard. Some may have toxic properties. Discourage kids and pets from eating any plants.


The majority of poison help centers provide free medical advice around the clock in case of emergencies. Call immediately if a child is exposed to harmful substances. Avoid waiting for symptoms to appear.

0 views